Accessing Books and E-books
King Public Library:
- The public library is currently OPEN on a limited basis. More info @ https://nwrlibrary.org/covid19/
- E-book check out available via Overdrive.
- Visit https://nwrl.overdrive.com/library/kids
- Click "Sign In"
- Select Northwestern Regional Library
- Enter your card number and PIN number (see below for more info)
- Begin browsing!
- Books can be read in your web browser or sent to a connected device (ex: Kindle).
- If you need help, visit the Overdrive Help page at https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/categories/troubleshooting.htm
- Students who requested a library card last year through school can access their account using the following credentials:
- Username: Student ID
- PIN: Last four digits of Student ID
- If you do not have a library card, you can request one online. Here is the link to request a card:
- Search for a book in the library catalog:
National Emergency Library:
- Link to collection: https://archive.org/details/nationalemergencylibrary
- Narrow your search by entering author's name, title, or subject into the "Search this catalog" box on the left.
- To browse within a certain category, filter your search under "Topics & Subjects"
- ex: Children's Fiction, Juvenile Fiction, Schools, etc.
- Read books in your browser or log in to borrow the book.
- Borrowed titles will be available for 14 days
Junior Library Guild Digital:
- Link to digital titles (this will link to the Middle School Stream): https://jlg.ipublishcentral.com/bookshelf
- Browse the titles. Click either "Read" to read the book in your browser. Click "play" on audiobook titles to listen within your browser.
- To download and sing in to the app, see the instructions provided on the JLG Digital Website